Strawberry Panic – what girls dream about



Lately I feel like watching anime again.
Anime is the way how my interest in Japan appeared and grew.
But then because of lack of time I watched it less and less.
Right now I have too much time...
Well in fact I have many things I should do
but because of some private stuff and bad mental state 
I am unable to deal with any of them...
Seems like I need time to find some peace..
or rather things need time to solve themselves...

That is why I try to watch some anime. Just do something.
Sometimes it is even difficult to concentrate on 
watching anything... on doing anything..
but at least i try...
to do things...
How terrifying it sounds...


So lately I watched Strawberry Panic.
First anime after the long break
watched until the last episode.


This was the motivation to choose this one.
I got this pin from my boyfriend
who got it as he was the member of the team 
working on the anime music.

I wanted to know what this story is about.
And well.. Somehow I found myself immersed in it.

Girls school.
Or rather three schools next to each other.
Girls love.
Sisterhood which goes beyond turning into a romantic tale.
Charismatic and adored characters
treated as school celebrities.

Seems like a cliche?
Maybe. But when you continue watching 
you start to find there more and more.
There is all utopian world there.
Class S. S Kankei.
Ideal relation between girls.
Usually between younger and older ones.
But in anime you can also find some crushes between peers.

These girls are all closed in the school
which becomes their paradise and their prison.
There is not even one guy there.
The only time which I remember that the existence of guys
was mentioned in anime was when talking about one girl
being promised to a guy after she graduates from the school.
It sounded like a curse. Threat.
Some kind of evil waiting outside.
The fate that girls can not escape from.

They created all their world inside school
but what will it become after graduation?
In the world full of men, obligations and patriarchy?
Can they stay in their fairytale forever?
Can they become eternal otome
and never graduate?

When watching it
I was thinking about ideal love, girls dreams,
escaping from growing up and reality which wants to destroy it all.

The ending is beautiful.
The election of two school "presidents"
(not exactly presidents but I simplify as it does not
change anything here)
seems like a wedding 
during which a beautiful 
princess and her female prince got married
in front of everyone from the school.
Necklaces are put on their necks to confirm their relationship.
Two other girls put wreaths on their necks to declare their love.
But one of them is going to graduate soon.
Is there a place for their ethereal and ideal love in the outside world?


The music starts and this appears


I really would like to keep believing 
and say that there is a tomorrow.
A girl keeps on telling the story forever.

But is is possible?
Can their really overcome the world outside?
There is no answer for this question.
It does not matter.
At this moment there is nothing outside.
There is only girls tale going on.


そうっと開いた扉 
ふたりだけの秘密 
やっと気付いた私 女の子の秘密 

Softly opened doors
The secret only between the two of us
I have finally realised it
The secret of girls

We can hear in the anime 1st ending.
What kind of doors are opening?
What is the secret of girls?

When the door to the outside world opens
will everything that occurred behind them become the secret?
The dearest memory of the dream 
that even if only for a while but still became reality?


Secret dolls

Comments

Popular Posts